Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Only

Soooo. . . .


What else to say I do not know,

As you suddenly reach over the console.

This will only be out of my control.



It’s dark but not to dark to see,

While your arms begin to tug and pull at me.

At first I’m unable to comply.

It’s only my defenses making a pitiful try.



I don’t remember what you said,

But twice wrapped over my mirror is that beaded thread.

It’s there as I look up to see my forehead lined,

It’s only a small trace of what you left behind.



I finally climbed over to you,

Caught up in this feeling, so new.

So excuse me while into you I melt,

It’s only you that makes me feel so svelte.



It is hard to contain my feeling

My head is constantly reeling.

We are in so deep now,

We only came this far, to go back I must ask how.



I’m wound tight around your finger,

If this is what you want then please don’t linger.

I can tell you do want to leave

That’s only my heart there on your sleeve.



It was such a beautiful dream

How perfect it once did seem.

This is so unfair,

I try to tell myself, it was only a nightmare.



But I don’t believe it dear,

It happened right here.

It is still so real,

Not only your hands can I feel. . . . .


I can only feel what it is to be with you, to be a part of you, to need you . . . to feel you, and it feels so real, so where did I go amiss.

Deep in my heart I must truly know, that to you, it was only a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment